As buyer, you should attend to the following matters, where applicable, before the settlement date:
- Arrange for the real estate agent to give you the keys to the property on the date of possession.
- Ensure the property is adequately insured from date of possession or on the settlement date (whichever date is the earlier).
- Have the electricity service and any gas service transferred into your name from the date of possession. Any outstanding electricity or gas account is the seller’s responsibility and will not be apportioned at settlement.
- Arrange for any telephone, internet, pay television and other telecommunications services you require to be installed or transfer your existing services to the property.
- Inspect the property a few days before the settlement date.