- Arrange for your real estate agent to give the house keys to the buyer immediately once settlement is complete or, if you occupy the premises as your principal place of residence, at noon on the day following settlement.
- Cancel your insurance on the property one day after the date settlement occurs.
- Cancel the electricity and any gas services. Any amount for electricity and gas consumed by you up to the date of possession is your responsibility and will not be apportioned at settlement.
- Cancel your telephone, internet, pay television, monitored security and any other telecommunications services or transfer them to your new residence.
- Ensure you install at least 2 RCDs and mains powered smoke alarms in the premises.
Any questions? Ask your settlement lawyer or settlement agent.